Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Voyage of the San Antiago

OK, here goes.

My colleagues have been encouraging me to start blogging. I'm surprised, since they are normally telling me to shut up. So, for better or worse, here it is. My plan is to make this a weekly event, so put it on your calendars now. I'll try to provide some kind of meaningful commentary, but I reserve the right to wax on about some completely random observation.

For my first entry, I'm taking a gimme. I'll simply point you to my most recent missive in Mass High Tech. It was (of course) originally too long for them, so I had to do some major reconstructive surgery. But I hope the point still holds. Cleantech smells a lot like biotech did back in the day. Complex, protectable technologies, long runways to success, huge capital requirements, and a drastic need for talented senior leadership in a nascent field.

I promise something more original for the next posting. I also plan to keep these short. I hope you derive some pleasure/information out of this blog.

Oh, and the name? Well it turns out that there's a fair bit of controversy surrounding the voyages of Amerigo Vespucci, but one thing is clear – he sailed the San Antiago after Columbus had already discovered the New World. So I thought this was kinda the same thing. I'm certainly not the first to discover the blogosphere, but it's new as far as I'm concerned.

Happy reading.

1 comment:

kel kelly said...

chris, the blog looks great! now the polachi boys will be jumping into the blogosphere. careful, someone might get hurt. haha!